Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Schoolhouse Planner

I downloaded a copy of The Schoolhouse Planner, and it's official: I'm in L O V E!!! The cost is $39 and it is well-worth every penny.

The planner includes yearly calendars for 2008 and 2009, as well as monthly calendars, which run from July 2008 through June 2009. The monthly calendars are printed on a two-page spread with plenty of room to write out our plans for each day.

Each month provides a table of interesting facts, such as famous composers (September), periodic table with elements (December), and important United States documents (June). Also included are informative articles, including Learning with Unit Studies (August), Must I Teach Geography? (January), and Chore Training Tips (April). The articles are followed by a list of resource links. Each month section concludes with easy-to-follow recipes.

It's hard to choose a favorite part of the planner, but since I'm an incredible sucker for forms and lists, I would have to say that the next two sections are my favorites.

The first section is filled with homeschooling forms, such as grading and progress reports and memory logs. Several of the forms have more than one version, making them practical for a wide variety of needs.

The second section is made up of household forms. Examples in this section include menu/grocery forms, chore forms, and various financial and general household forms.

The thing I love most about these two sections is that I can fill in the forms on the computer and print them out, rather than having to write it all out by hand.

I am very impressed with The Schoolhouse Planner, and I would highly recommend it to all my homeschooling friends.

1 comment:

T & A said...

I've enjoyed reading all your reviews! We're also die-hard MUS fans!! The Planner sounds great!